Recent Game Pages
Cool Your Jets, Metroid Fans!
By Chris on Jun 18 2015 02:15 PM
It's been quite some time since the last Metroid game. Five years, in fact(Eight, if you're one of the people that hated Other M). So when Nintendo announced Metroid Prime: Federation Force during the Digital Event, instead of being giddy with joy, Metroid fans were instead enraged at what one fan termed as "disrespectful" and an "atrocity". It makes sense for the Metroid fandom to be upset, as the game neither features series staple Samus Aran, nor does it have the classic Metroid gameplay. Instead, what we get is a first-person, team-based shooter with no actual exploration, with a bizarre sports minigame(Blast Ball) thrown in. However, this is a spinoff game, much like Metroid Prime: Hunters was. Furthermore, although Retro Studios, the team behind the Metroid Prime series, is not developing Federation Force, the game is in more than capable hands with Next Level Games, who made Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, and various Mario sports titles. Metroid Prime: Federation Force should end up being a decent and fun game, at the very least.
About the Author
Other Interesting Articles
- Should Kid Icarus: Uprising Be Released For Wii U?
- New Super Mario Bros. U Details And Screens
- A Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive (MSFHD) Update Approaches
- PowerUp Rewards Program Skyward Sword Wallet
- Club Nintendo Offering Yoshi Cleaning Cloth Reward
- Pokémon Doll Catalogue Updated Today
- 10 New Burger King Wii U Toys
- Nintendo Details Remaining Three Nintendo Land Attractions
- Mutant Mudds Deluxe Release Date Revealed
- Wii U GamePad Recommended Distance