Jump to content

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Multiplayer: Hunter Mode Footage

By Kevin on Jan 24 2013 12:11 PM
Posted Image

Clear the ScareScraper with 4-player online multiplayer mode!

Finally! A video has just surfaced, giving us all a good look at the multiplayer mode for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Shown in the video, a group of four different-colored Luigi's team up to suck up ghosts to clear the ScareScraper.

In addition to online multiplayer, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon also features local and Download Play. You and up to three other friends can choose to tackle ScareScrapers that have 5, 10, 25 or even an endless number of floors. Three different difficulty levels can be chosen: Normal, Hard and Expert. That's a lot of ghastly fun!

Here's an excerpt from Nintendo World Report, during their recent impression:

Aaron Kaluszka said:

At the end of each session, a full board of stats is displayed, including coin totals, vacuum weight totals, kills, deaths, and the like. Players also gain "achievement" stats such as "MVP," "bulldozer," and "leecher." Even if you don't do anything notable, you're humorously awarded with a "participator" title. After every five floors, a boss battle ensues.



Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source & Images: Nintendo World Report


About the Author

Photo
Let me think about this for a while...

Other Interesting Articles


Comments: 12

This is awesome. Ok so I think i will be getting this game before I would get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon that releases the same day! Woo hoo!
I just pre-ordered. I thought I already did that at one point, but I guess not. You and I, and others, will be ghost-busting in no time!

View PostKevin, on 24 January 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

I just pre-ordered. I thought I already did that at one point, but I guess not. You and I, and others, will be ghost-busting in no time!

Oh yes I can't wait. This really does seem fun.

aquizero, on 24 January 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

This is awesome. Ok so I think i will be getting this game before I would get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon that releases the same day! Woo hoo!

Kevin, on 24 January 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

I just pre-ordered. I thought I already did that at one point, but I guess not. You and I, and others, will be ghost-busting in no time!


Count me in fools!

View Postquijas31, on 24 January 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

Count me in fools ghouls!

Fixed!
That's impressive!!
Do you guys think the inside of a ghost vacuum is similar to the inside of a Pokéball?

I suppose it depends on the vacuums and Pokéballs in question.

I mean, a Luxury Ball is obviously amazing inside and probably has all kinds of food in there and like a butler and stuff. But a regular Pokéball is the college dorm room of Pokéballs, let's face it. It's cruel, but it's the truth.

Relevant to this article, I can say that I'm getting more and more excited for this game. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is looking more and more fun, that's why! I do think it's odd to have 4 Luigis for multiplayer though. I'm a Toad-supporter and I would have liked other players to appear as Toads because why not? And science.

Also, Ben's 72G. Great job, Ben! No fair getting experience early before the rest of us. XD
This is awesome!!! Can't wait!!
This put a huge smile on my face! I can't wait to play it with my family.
Yay! Im also going to pay off luigi's mansion b4 pokemon mystery dungeon but i'll probably get them both while im at the game store.. depends.. so exciting though!!

View PostPastaFriend, on 24 January 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Do you guys think the inside of a ghost vacuum is similar to the inside of a Pokéball?

I suppose it depends on the vacuums and Pokéballs in question.

I mean, a Luxury Ball is obviously amazing inside and probably has all kinds of food in there and like a butler and stuff. But a regular Pokéball is the college dorm room of Pokéballs, let's face it. It's cruel, but it's the truth.

Relevant to this article, I can say that I'm getting more and more excited for this game. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is looking more and more fun, that's why! I do think it's odd to have 4 Luigis for multiplayer though. I'm a Toad-supporter and I would have liked other players to appear as Toads because why not? And science.

Also, Ben's 72G. Great job, Ben! No fair getting experience early before the rest of us. XD

Hahaha if only that was me! I would have loved to get my hands on this game early.

I watched a video discussion about this from GameXplain and the man shared your opinion about the multiple colored Luigi's. I can't say that I agree. The other Mario characters all have their time in the spotlight enough. Mario especially for obvious reasons. Even Toads are seen more often than not. They are multiplayer options in NSMB Wii and NSMB U and also played a huge role in Paper Mario Sticker Star. So this makes me happy that it is all about Luigi.

aquizero, on 25 January 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Hahaha if only that was me! I would have loved to get my hands on this game early.

I watched a video discussion about this from GameXplain and the man shared your opinion about the multiple colored Luigi's. I can't say that I agree. The other Mario characters all have their time in the spotlight enough. Mario especially for obvious reasons. Even Toads are seen more often than not. They are multiplayer options in NSMB Wii and NSMB U and also played a huge role in Paper Mario Sticker Star. So this makes me happy that it is all about Luigi.

Well argued, Ben. I can see it that way too. Luigi does deserve more screen time, even if it's 4 of him on the screen at the same time. This is his year, after all. It could also be argued that Toads are Mario-game characters and this is a Luigi-game so it isn't the proper setting for them.

I hereby change my mind! Only Luigi can unlock the secrets of haunted mansions.