Jump to content

New Super Mario Bros. 2 Gold Classic DLC Available For Free

By Kevin on Nov 26 2012 10:28 PM
Posted Image

Last week, we announced that New Super Mario Bros. 2 reached a global coin count of 300 billion coins. Today, via Japanese Nintendo Direct, Mario fans are being rewarded with a FREE Coin Rush Downloadable Content (DLC) pack for their hard work. The DLC pack, titled Golden Classic Course Pack, was introduced by Global President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata. The new Coin Rush pack features some very familiar stages found in the early days of the Mushroom Kingdom.

The DLC is available from November 27th, 2012 through January 31st, 2013 at no cost. Starting February 1st, 2013, the cost will be 200 Yen. Included levels are Round 1, from Mario Bros., stages 1-1, 1-2 and 1-4 from Super Mario Bros. and stages 1-1 and 1-5 from Super Mario Bros. 3.



I guess hard work does pay off! Be on the lookout for the content in the North American and European eShop, which will be very soon!

Source: Nintendo Tweet


About the Author

Photo
Let me think about this for a while...

Other Interesting Articles


Comments: 15

I knew it! I said this as soon as there was an emphasis on the global coin counter on the Japanese website. That is cool. I mean they should have made it free, period. Though for a limited time is not bad.

View Postaquizero, on 26 November 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

I knew it! I said this as soon as there was an emphasis on the global coin counter on the Japanese website.

You knew what?

I finished this new pack about a half hour ago and I really like it. It's my favorite pack so far.
I am still waiting for my copy of the game to come in from Gamefly. I figured I would give it a try and if I really liked it I would buy it. I have a problem with beating the games as soon as I get them and letting them sit on the shelf. All this DLC is starting to change the way I would look at this game though.
Sweet, I'll be downloading this when I get off work. After buying three packs of DLC for this game, I'm glad they are throwing me one free.

View PostFrampton, on 27 November 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

Sweet, I'll be downloading this when I get off work.

View PostKevin, on 26 November 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Be on the lookout for the content in the North American and European eShop, which will be very soon!

Soon, Frampton. :)

View PostKevin, on 26 November 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

You knew what?

I finished this new pack about a half hour ago and I really like it. It's my favorite pack so far.

I knew that the reward for gathering enough coins was going to be free DLC
I'll be getting this!
Its now available in NA!
Here's Nintendo of America's Nintendo Direct, hosted by Iwata.

This is cool, I will download this tonight :)
Has anyone found the hidden "Thank You" message in this DLC? I have. I was smiling when I found it.
I don't think it counts as "hidden" when its smack dab in plain sight at the very end of the last course xD

View Postaquizero, on 28 November 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

Has anyone found the hidden "Thank You" message in this DLC? I have. I was smiling when I found it.

I'm with Luffy on this. There's nothing hidden about it. I mean, you literally run into it. Also, for the Japanese version, it says the same exact thing; "THANK YOU !!" I would have thought it may have been in Japanese instead. That was likely too difficult though.
So of course I got this free DLC, and Im real impressed with it. Played it through a few times already. Nice move, Nintendo. A little gamer appreciation goes a long way.

View PostLuffyFoxtrot, on 28 November 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

I don't think it counts as "hidden" when its smack dab in plain sight at the very end of the last course xD

View PostKevin, on 28 November 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

I'm with Luffy on this. There's nothing hidden about it. I mean, you literally run into it. Also, for the Japanese version, it says the same exact thing; "THANK YOU !!" I would have thought it may have been in Japanese instead. That was likely too difficult though.

Yeah looking back I guess you are both right. Still, it was something nice.