Jump to content

11 Facts About Pokémon Black Version 2/ Pokémon White Version 2

By Kevin on Oct 16 2012 06:24 AM
Posted Image

A lot has changed in the Unova region. Two years after the events of Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, there have been a number of changes that have taken place that gives us a better, more enjoyable experience. Here are eleven facts you might not be aware of that have been brought to Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, for the Nintendo DS.

Posted Image
#1: A brand-new and exciting storyline that takes place two years after Pokémon Black Version and
Pokémon White Version. Didn't have the chance to play the first two installments? Don't worry!


Posted Image
#2: Surprise! Team Plasma is back! This time, Ghetsis is in charge and he's trying to freeze cover
Unova in solid ice with the power of Legendary Pokémon Kyurem. Are you going to be able to stop
him in time?


Posted Image
#3: Explore tons of new areas such as Aspertia City, Virbank City, Floccesy Town, Lentimas Town,
Humilau City and many more!


Posted Image
#4: Receive the Mythical Pokémon Genesect via Nintendo Wi-Fi connection. Be sure to download this
exclusive Pokémon by November 12th, 2012.


Posted Image
#5: Learn more about the new Formes of Thundurus, Tornadus and Landorus (Kami Trio) and an
all-new companion game called Pokémon Dream Radar.


Posted Image
#6: The new Memory Link feature can link your saved game data from the original versions of
Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, unlocking new features and expanding on
story-impacting events.


Posted Image
#7: For the first time in the history of Pokémon, you have more Pokémon than ever before at your
disposal, right from the start of the game.


Posted Image
#8: Compete in the Pokémon World Tournament, or PWT, and battle Gym Leaders or Pokémon Trainers
from the past. Be the very best!


Posted Image
#9: Make your own Pokémon movies in the Pokéstar Studious. Direct your Pokémon using scripts and
props and become famous. Make your movie a box-office hit.


Posted Image
#10: Use your C-Gear to connect with friends to create a unique shopping area known
as Join Avenue. Get exclusive items to assist you on your Pokémon adventure.


Posted Image
#11: Earn Medals based on completing more than fifty achievements found throughout the
game. Compare your Medal count to your friends for added enjoyment and competition.

Source: Nintendo UK Tweet


About the Author

Photo
Let me think about this for a while...

Other Interesting Articles


Comments: 16

I love all of these facts about Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

Dream Radar is really a great deal. I am finally catching rare Pokemon. Ever since I completed the main story I have caught Rotom, Spiritomb and Porygon! Those are all rare Pokemon!

The new areas are fun but I love the extra time and effort they put into the gym leaders and their back story. Roxy shines in this game and in the anime! Love that chick!

Genesect is amazing and looks awesome. I can not wait to find his cassettes in the game so that I can change up its Techno Blast move!

Join avenue is fun but it gets me thinking on how a true 3DS Pokemon game could implement Street Pass and be even better than it is now. That being said the concept is fun.

Poke Star Studios is something fun to do on the side. Being that a recent new episode of Pokemon featured this I am even more excited to be a movie star!

The memory link has to be one of the best features. To be able to connect to the first games in a variety of ways makes this game worthy of being a true sequel.

The medals are fun though I have not focused on them to much yet. I will look at my hints when i complete the games main story.
This game is great.  I've been playing it as much as I can, but still only have 3 gym badges.  Dream radar has been pretty cool.  I've gotten a couple extra pokemon from it, but nothing rare yet.  Excited to see whats still in store for me.
Oh! Something else new, that's not covered in the images above, is the Habitat feature in the Pokédex. I really like this! The Habitat feature pretty much categorizes all the Pokémon for each area (i.e. Routes, Towers, Caves, etc.).

Also, when you find all the Pokémon for an area, you get a cool stamp, showing that you've completed (found) all the Pokémon for a particular area. This makes it much easier to find out where Pokémon area located.

View Postquijas31, on 16 October 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

This game is great.  I've been playing it as much as I can, but still only have 3 gym badges.  Dream radar has been pretty cool.  I've gotten a couple extra pokemon from it, but nothing rare yet.  Excited to see whats still in store for me.

Take your time with the game. I find it has so much that you can do besides the main story. Also Dream Radar just requires persistence. :)

View PostKevin, on 16 October 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Oh! Something else new, that's not covered in the images above, is the Habitat feature in the Pokédex. I really like this! The Habitat feature pretty much categorizes all the Pokémon for each area (i.e. Routes, Towers, Caves, etc.).

Also, when you find all the Pokémon for an area, you get a cool stamp, showing that you've completed (found) all the Pokémon for a particular area. This makes it much easier to find out where Pokémon area located.

YES!! That is the best! I love it and have been trying to complete each habitat.

Kevin, on 16 October 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Oh! Something else new, that's not covered in the images above, is the Habitat feature in the Pokédex.

Agreed this is great.  This helps a not so advanced player like me find more pokemon.

View Postquijas31, on 16 October 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Agreed this is great.  This helps a not so advanced player like me find more pokemon.

I think it's great that you're playing this, quijas31.

Is this your first time playing a Pokémon game? And, like Ben said, take your time and savor all that it has to offer. This is truly one of the greatest series (if not the greatest) for the Nintendo DS.

View PostKevin, on 16 October 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

I think it's great that you're playing this, quijas31.

Is this your first time playing a Pokémon game? And, like Ben said, take your time and savor all that it has to offer. This is truly one of the greatest series (if not the greatest) for the Nintendo DS.

Thanks!  I played the original when It came out ages ago, and started playing White a few months ago.  Then black/white 2 came out.  I decided it was probably just better to get one of those and start in on it.  It's been great so far.

View Postaquizero, on 16 October 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

Take your time with the game. I find it has so much that you can do besides the main story. Also Dream Radar just requires persistence. :)


So far I agree with you completely.  I find myself wanting to explore every building and talk to each person just to see what silly thing they might say.  I'll keep trying with dream radar.
The memory links sounds awesome!  How does it work though?  Will I be able to link my Black 1 to my White 2, or does it have to be the same "color"?

View PostEvilOne, on 16 October 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

The memory links sounds awesome!  How does it work though?  Will I be able to link my Black 1 to my White 2, or does it have to be the same "color"?

Wow you have not done it? Aww. You can use whichever game you want.

-----

Actually there is another new thing that Black 2 and White 2 offer that previous games didn't. This is the helpful use of the X-transceiver from the items bag. In this game you can go to key items and use the X-transceiver to call your Mom, Professor Juniper, Cheren, Bianca or your Rival. Each specializes in something that can help you on your journey.
  • Professor Juniper can evaluate your Pokedex and explain how a party pokemon evolves

  • Cheren can give you more details on your party Pokemon abilities

  • Bianca can gauge the friendliness of your Pokemon

  • Your rival can guide you on where to go or what to do next

  • Your mom can tell you some points of interest in the area you currently are located
For new comers to the series this is the best! Use your X-Transceiver and possibly select it as a quick key!
I have activated the memory link, but I still have not used the X-transceiver. That will be what I play around with since the Dream World is having maintenance till 9:00 PM EST tonight.
How do you use this link, Ben?  I'm itching to try it out now! :D  Finally caught a Riolu in the Dream Radar!  Still playing it, been waiting for all 10 clouds to appear, then read when I got done, and do this vicious cycle again all day lol!!
Dream Radar's pretty cool, though I've only captured Munna, Sigilyph and Drifloon so far. Aide from that, I've already netted myself the Therian Form of Tornadus :3

Haven't gotten around to using the Memory Link, though. Not sure if I have to beat the story in the first game(s) or not to use it properly.

Black 2 and White 2 are massive games, though. And the description of one location on the Town Map gives me the impression that you may be able to go to the Sinnoh region after beating the League.

View PostDarthArk, on 16 October 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

I have activated the memory link, but I still have not used the X-transceiver. That will be what I play around with since the Dream World is having maintenance till 9:00 PM EST tonight.

Dont you just hate maintenance. I could not remember this morning if I took a pokemon from dream world or not and it messed me up. Ugh. Yes that option is cool. Little helpful information that were not present in previous titles.

View PostEvilOne, on 16 October 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

How do you use this link, Ben?  I'm itching to try it out now! :D  Finally caught a Riolu in the Dream Radar!  Still playing it, been waiting for all 10 clouds to appear, then read when I got done, and do this vicious cycle again all day lol!!

Memory link you have to set up, once it is set up you unlock flashbacks within the game. There are hints to help you figure out what you have to do or who you have to talk to in order to unlock a flashback.

Make sure to upgrade your Dream Radar so that you get more clouds etc. It will make things easier.

View PostLuffyFoxtrot, on 17 October 2012 - 01:59 AM, said:

Dream Radar's pretty cool, though I've only captured Munna, Sigilyph and Drifloon so far. Aide from that, I've already netted myself the Therian Form of Tornadus :3

Haven't gotten around to using the Memory Link, though. Not sure if I have to beat the story in the first game(s) or not to use it properly.

Black 2 and White 2 are massive games, though. And the description of one location on the Town Map gives me the impression that you may be able to go to the Sinnoh region after beating the League.

Memory Link will unlock in game flashbacks based on your progress in the original games. So if you did not complete the game you will get only some of the possible flashbacks where as someone else who finished the game would unlock more.

Well it would be pretty cool if you could travel to a different region after the main story but who knows...
omg yes! I love all of these new features! But yah know what bugged me the most that they fixed in b2/w2? they made the guitar players turn when you talked to them... in the first one they just stood facing the front.. even when you came from behind them..

View PostSkitty843, on 20 October 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

...they made the guitar players turn when you talked to them... in the first one they just stood facing the front.. even when you came from behind them..

I understand completely! Another thing that's new is that you're automatically prompted to use a new Repel when the current one runs out of steps. I thought this was nice because in Black/ White it did not display the prompt. You had to navigate through the menu and select another Repel manually. Was it a huge deal? Not really, but it's the little things like this that add up in the long run.

View PostKevin, on 20 October 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

I understand completely! Another thing that's new is that you're automatically prompted to use a new Repel when the current one runs out of steps. I thought this was nice because in Black/ White it did not display the prompt. You had to navigate through the menu and select another Repel manually. Was it a huge deal? Not really, but it's the little things like this that add up in the long run.

Yes that is an excellent additional feature to be honest. Makes going through caves a bit more bearable.