Jump to content

North American Genesect Event Confirmed

By Kevin on Sep 08 2012 09:49 AM
Posted Image

North American Pokémon fans have finally received official confirmation for the long-awaited Genesect event. From October 7th through November 12th, Genesect will be distributed via Wi-Fi gift for their copies of Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2. October 7th also happens to be the day that Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 are released in North America.

Source: Serebii Tweet


About the Author

Photo
Let me think about this for a while...

Other Interesting Articles


Comments: 18

I am glad we are getting him but still a little annoyed that it is coming to Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 instead of the opposite way around. Like the previous Keldeo event. Why would someone want to transfer from the new games backwards? Makes no sense. It is especially frustrating when gamers of Black and White have been awaiting the 3 event Pokemon: Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect for a long while.

View Postaquizero, on 08 September 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

I am glad we are getting him but still a little annoyed that it is coming to Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 instead of the opposite way around.

Does it really matter to you though, Ben. I mean, you already said you were getting White 2.

View PostKevin, on 08 September 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Does it really matter to you though, Ben. I mean, you already said you were getting White 2.

It sure does matter. This tactic takes the fun away from the whole trading process. The Keldeo event was done smart. You fill up your Black or White pokedex and have the option to train/level up the pokemon before the new games come out. In that case you have the incentive to transfer the Pokemon over because it has a brand new form only found in the new Black2 and White2. Where as Genesect has no benefit (besides filling your pokedex) to be transferred to the "old" games. I would love to know how many people intend to use this Pokemon in the "old" games if the event for it is based off of the new games? The process of trading is not easy for many people. A single child has one system and both pokemon games... how do they trade their pokemon back and forth, not only once but probably twice. If someone has been playing Black or White since its release they are probably done with the story and most of the pokemon capturing. It would have been a nice last hoorah if the 3 event pokemon we have been waiting for (meloetta, keldeo and genesect) would have made it to the old games before the new ones released. Then and only then if we felt like it we could transfer them to the new games. What really is the point of an event pokemon as soon as a new game is released? Argh. Fired up to say the least.

View Postaquizero, on 08 September 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

I would love to know how many people intend to use this Pokemon in the "old" games if the event for it is based off of the new games?

I think that's the biggest overall reason that Genesect is being offered for Black 2/ White 2. That, and the fact that October 7th is when Black 2/ White 2 debuts. Most Pokémon fans have already invested a fair amount of time into Black/ White so transferring back to those versions won't really be a big deal.

View Postaquizero, on 08 September 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

A single child has one system and both pokemon games... how do they trade their pokemon back and forth, not only once but probably twice.

I know more than one game card can be registered via Pokémon Global Link, so can't trading therefore occur with one system? I haven't tried that yet, but it would make sense that I could send a Pokémon to the Dream World from one cart and pick it back up in the Entree Forest on the other cart.

View PostKevin, on 08 September 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

I think that's the biggest overall reason that Genesect is being offered for Black 2/ White 2. That, and the fact that October 7th is when Black 2/ White 2 debut. Most Pokémon have already invested a fair amount of time into Black/ White so transferring back to those versions won't really be a big deal.

I know more than one game card can be registered via Pokémon Global Link, so can't trading therefore occur with one system? I haven't tried that yet, but it would make sense that I could send a Pokémon to the Dream World from one cart and pick it back up in the Entree Forest on the other cart.

1) It is a slap in the face. They are basically forcing you to buy the new game if you want the event Pokemon that should have been offered in the current game. Sorry but that is sneaky. Not good.

2) No. There is no way to transfer your own Pokemon between two games with one gaming system regardless of DreamWorld's involvement.

View Postaquizero, on 08 September 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

1) It is a slap in the face. They are basically forcing you to buy the new game if you want the event Pokemon that should have been offered in the current game. Sorry but that is sneaky. Not good.

I guess I just don't see the significance then. Let's say someone only has one game system, along with a Black or White copy. Would it make more fans upset that the event was exclusive to Black/ White? What about all the fans that purchase Black 2 or White 2 that don't have Black/ White?

View PostKevin, on 08 September 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

I guess I just don't see the significance then. Let's say someone only has one game system, along with a Black or White copy. Would it make more fans upset that the event was exclusive to Black/ White? What about all the fans that purchase Black 2 or White 2 that don't have Black/ White?

In this case we will have to agree to disagree. I feel bad for the people who will not be able to pick up the new game during the event time frame but who already have the original games and have been waiting for the release of these pokemon.
It's a double-edged sword. And, like you said, for those who really want Genesect during the event, they're pretty much forced to purchase Black 2/ White 2.

Also, as far as trading goes, for Pokédex purposes, you only need one system...and a friend whose willing to trade it to you. :D
That is true. Well I am over my rant. I guess I will just be happy this is coming at all.
This is really kewl but then I took a arrow to the knee. :)

View PostBuffinator, on 08 September 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

This is really kewl but then I took a arrow to the knee. :)

You're roughly a year (give or take) too late with that one, Buff. ;)

View PostBuffinator, on 08 September 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

This is really kewl but then I took a arrow to the knee. :)

??? Am I missing something ???
nope I was just trying to post something funny in a reply for once. and hope to get this game.

View PostBuffinator, on 16 September 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

nope I was just trying to post something funny in a reply for once. and hope to get this game.

Oh ok. Lol. I just paid off my pre-order of this game so I will be getting this mythical pokemon!
I just picked up White 2 and this was the first thing I did, even before starting the game.

View PostDarthArk, on 08 October 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

I just picked up White 2 and this was the first thing I did, even before starting the game.

That is exactly what I did too. I did not use it until I was the same level though. That way I was not cheating. Lol.
I like him hes really cool. I got him as well. even with out preordering lol.

View PostBuffinator, on 16 October 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

I like him hes really cool. I got him as well. even with out preordering lol.

It's cool that you got him, but pre-ordering doesn't have any impact on whether or not you can get this particular Genesect. This is simply a Wi-Fi event.

Like the majority of everyone here, I also downloaded my Genesect upon firing up the game. I refuse to use it however, until I complete the game.