Recent Game Pages
Iwata Assumes Roles In North America This Summer, Reggie Stays
By Kevin on Apr 24 2013 04:19 PM
It's Iwata time in the USA!
Earlier today, Nintendo Co., Ltd. (NCL) announced that it plans to shift personnel between its location in Kyoto, Japan and Redmond, Washington — where Nintendo of America (NOA) is headquartered. The current chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Nintendo of America, Tatsumi Kimishima, will transfer to NCL headquarters this summer to assume two roles: general manager of Corporate Analysis and Administration and general manager of the General Affairs Division. These two roles are currently held by Yoshihiro Mori and Masaharu Matsumoto, respectively, both of whom will be retiring this summer.
Tatsumi-san's current roles will be fulfilled by current Global President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata who will transfer from NCL headquarters. The company change will allow for more streamlined decision making and "enhance Nintendo's organizational agility in the current competitive environment." Reggie Fils-Aime, Current Chief Operations Officer of NOA, will report to Satoru Iwata. No other changes are currently expected to take place at this time.
With Iwata's upcoming transfer to NOA, what are some company changes that can be expected to take place?
Source: Nintendo Press Release
About the Author
Other Interesting Articles
- Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: New Pokémon Resembling Mewtwo Revealed
- The Angry Video Game Nerd YouTube Account Terminated
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 Coin Count Surges Past 400 Billion
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 Gets Live Global Coin Total Counter
- Nintendo @ E3 Miiverse Communities Now Open
- Crosswords Plus Is Eggtremely Difficult!
- Miiverse Photo Attachment Option Proof Positive
- Digital E-reader Service On Wii U And 3DS
- Resident Evil Revelations Price Slashed Before Launch
- Nintendo Reneging Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Multiplayer F...