Recent Game Pages
Iwata Assumes Roles In North America This Summer, Reggie Stays
By Kevin on Apr 24 2013 04:19 PM
It's Iwata time in the USA!
Earlier today, Nintendo Co., Ltd. (NCL) announced that it plans to shift personnel between its location in Kyoto, Japan and Redmond, Washington — where Nintendo of America (NOA) is headquartered. The current chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Nintendo of America, Tatsumi Kimishima, will transfer to NCL headquarters this summer to assume two roles: general manager of Corporate Analysis and Administration and general manager of the General Affairs Division. These two roles are currently held by Yoshihiro Mori and Masaharu Matsumoto, respectively, both of whom will be retiring this summer.
Tatsumi-san's current roles will be fulfilled by current Global President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata who will transfer from NCL headquarters. The company change will allow for more streamlined decision making and "enhance Nintendo's organizational agility in the current competitive environment." Reggie Fils-Aime, Current Chief Operations Officer of NOA, will report to Satoru Iwata. No other changes are currently expected to take place at this time.
With Iwata's upcoming transfer to NOA, what are some company changes that can be expected to take place?
Source: Nintendo Press Release
About the Author
Other Interesting Articles
- Reggie Reveals Wii U Information With Kotaku
- Nintendo 3DS Software Showcase E3 2012 - Reporting As It Happens
- 3DS eShop Receives First Wave Of Full Retail Downloads
- New Super Mario Bros. U Details And Screens
- Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: Froakie Evolution Revealed (Rumor)
- First Person Goomba
- Wario Isn't Greedy, You Are
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 3DS LL Bundle Announced
- For The Love Of Mario!
- Dragon Quest VII Announced For 3DS