Recent Game Pages
Nintendo TVii Launches Tomorrow
By Kevin on Dec 19 2012 09:15 AM
Nintendo have just announced that its new television application, Nintendo TVii, will become available for download in North America and Canada starting tomorrow, December 20th. While Nintendo TVii is a free downloadable application, it will still lack various functionality for its initial launch. Features such as programming and accessing content stored on a DVR device, will be absent. Apparently, Nintendo is still working out those details with cable companies Comcast and DirecTV to incorporate those options.
Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime said:
Nintendo TVii shows how the integrated second screen of the GamePad can also transform and enhance the TV viewing experience. Welcome to the new world of TVii.
Nintendo TVii was initially planned as a day-one launch application on November 18th, 2012 in North America. Nintendo further comments that Netflix and TiVo support are absent as well, and that those options are both coming "next year." Basically, with the initial Nintendo TVii launch, you'll be able to utilize an online guide for TV, Hulu Plus, Netflix and Amazon Instant Video. You'll also be able to search Wikipedia and IMdb (International Movie Database) and share comments via various social networks.
About the Author
Other Interesting Articles
- April 25 is Down for a 3DS Update
- New 3DS Firmware Update 5.0.0-11U Could Break Your System
- Zelda: Oracle of Ages/ Seasons Receive Special Price On May 30th
- Resident Evil: Revelations Is $18.99 At Amazon
- NBA 2K13 Is A Massive 20GB Download
- Scribblenauts Unlimited 3DS $19.99, Wii U $39.99 At...
- Meloetta Password Now Available For Pokédex 3D Pro, Pokédex fo...
- Wario Land II Now Available In 3DS eShop
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf SpotPass Notification To Fans
- New Wii U Presentation: Miiverse, WaraWara Plaza And More