Jump to content

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition Is Nearly 17GB To Download

By Kevin on Oct 25 2012 05:04 AM
Posted Image

Recently revealed on the official Japanese Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition website, is some interesting information. Aside from the December 8th, 2012 release date and retail price of 6,980 Yen, there's also information pertaining to this day one Wii U launch title.

Not only will Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition be available via digital distribution, but it will cost less than its retail counterpart, at 6,280 Yen, and require an approximated 16.7GB worth of digital storage.

I wonder if the North American and European regions will see full Wii U titles available for digital download anytime soon.

(click on image for full view)
Posted Image

Source: Tekken Official (Japanese website)


About the Author

Photo
Let me think about this for a while...

Other Interesting Articles


Comments: 10

That is nuts. Why would someone waste that much space...

aquizero, on 25 October 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

That is nuts. Why would someone waste that much space...

At least it cost less though, unlike the 3ds titles.

View Postquijas31, on 25 October 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:


At least it cost less though, unlike the 3ds titles.

Yes that is true but at the "cost" of this much memory it is not worth it in my eyes

View Postaquizero, on 25 October 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Yes that is true but at the "cost" of this much memory it is not worth it in my eyes

Yea I think your probably right.  I've never been much for downloading full titles and storing them on my console.  I'm fine with a smaller dl only game, but not this.  I am still however glad that they are lowering the cost for the downloaded version.  What would you say, would be a cost at which you would be tempted to buy a game like this as a download?

View Postquijas31, on 25 October 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Yea I think your probably right.  I've never been much for downloading full titles and storing them on my console.  I'm fine with a smaller dl only game, but not this.  I am still however glad that they are lowering the cost for the downloaded version.  What would you say, would be a cost at which you would be tempted to buy a game like this as a download?

Hmm... well I think a good $15 dollars off of the normal retail price is a good chunk less that could warrant the use of the use of space. Though this game would never be one that I would choose digital. If a great RPG was this size and also cheaper digitally than yes.
This is how digital distribution costs should be, in my opinion. Cheaper than retail. Retail copies have to account for manufacturing and shipping costs to get them to retailers. Digital only needs server maintenance, at best, so charging the same as retail just doesn't fly.

17 GB is massively huge, though. Basic set owners are out of luck, unless they have some expanded storage on hand. I'm still sticking with a physical copy. My bandwidth can't handle a single download of that size, nor do I actually want to expend that much data for a single game.

View PostLuffyFoxtrot, on 25 October 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

This is how digital distribution costs should be, in my opinion. Cheaper than retail. Retail copies have to account for manufacturing and shipping costs to get them to retailers. Digital only needs server maintenance, at best, so charging the same as retail just doesn't fly.

17 GB is massively huge, though. Basic set owners are out of luck, unless they have some expanded storage on hand. I'm still sticking with a physical copy. My bandwidth can't handle a single download of that size, nor do I actually want to expend that much data for a single game.

That is another great point. Bandwidth for downloads of this size. Hmm... in this case this game is a no go for download but maybe others. I wonder though what causes this file size. If file compression a thing of the past?
There's a heck of a lot of content, for one. A fair deal more than what you'll see on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions. Like the Super Mario powerups and costumes. Most of the space, however, will be from the graphics alone. I'm sure that file compression is still a thing, but I honestly have no idea.
And this is why all my game downloads will go to an external hard drive.
I will be buying this game, but I doubt I will download it do to the mass size. Plus, I personally prefer physical copies.