Jump to content

Wii U System Update Coming Next Week

By Kevin on Apr 17 2013 11:34 AM
Posted Image

Next week is a great week for Wii U owners. The time has finally come where slow Wii U Operating System speeds meet a speedy new system update. But, which one will win? The new update will fix the extended wait periods that users are faced with when initially loading games or exiting out of them to return to the main menu. The exact date has yet to be announced, but we can smell it. Can't you?

The new update will also allow software — such as digital content from the Wii U eShop or software updates — to be downloaded in the background while playing games. For the consumers who want to move data from one USB storage device to another, this update also adds that feature. Here are some more features that are definitely worth mentioning.
  • Standby function allows you to download and install updates
  • Virtual Console (VC) becomes available one day after system update
  • Each 3DS VC game will have dedicated Miiverse Communities
  • Off-TV gameplay possible with all VC games
  • Game Boy Advance games and N64 games planned for VC
  • Pressing the "B" button during system startup take you directly to Wii Mode


About the Author

Photo
Let me think about this for a while...

Other Interesting Articles


Comments: 4

I am glad this is coming next week. I will be counting down the days. I would have originally shrugged off the quick access to Wii mode if I have not recently been playing an amazing Wii title called The Last Story. Booting up the system with the gamepad only to have to press Wii mode is a little unnecessary trouble.

View PostKevin, on 17 April 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

The exact date has yet to be announced, but we can smell it. Can't you?

I can't smell it! D: What's it smell like?

Man, I never get to smell stuff around here! ::kicks at a pebble::

PastaFriend, on 17 April 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

I can't smell it! D: What's it smell like? Man, I never get to smell stuff around here! ::kicks at a pebble::

LOL. I can smell it... oh wait, that's something elee

aquizero, on 17 April 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

I am glad this is coming next week. I will be counting down the days. I would have originally shrugged off the quick access to Wii mode if I have not recently been playing an amazing Wii title called The Last Story. Booting up the system with the gamepad only to have to press Wii mode is a little unnecessary trouble.
I'm with you. Booting up the Wii U, then rebooting up Wii mode has been a bit tedious. And the shorter wait times all-around will be much appreciated.