Recent Game Pages
You Can't Download Software To Wii U SD Card
By Kevin on Nov 11 2012 12:21 AM
In a recent online Question & Answer document on Nintendo of Japan's official Wii U website, shocking news has been revealed for future Wii U owners. In the document, it clearly states that downloaded software cannot be saved to the SD card. If you're planning on downloading software or video media from the Wii U eShop, you'll have to save it to the Wii U system memory or an external USB hard drive.
As a reminder, the Wii U Deluxe set comes with 32GB of internal storage, while the Wii U Basic set comes with 8GB. It's also important to keep in mind that downloaded system updates are automatically saved to the Wii U's internal storage. For consumers who are planning on having their game library in digital form, they'll be forced to purchase an external USB hard drive. Unfortunately, those who planned on downloading software to an SD card are out of luck.
Additionally, downloaded software is limited to a single system and a single USB storage device, meaning that you cannot copy software from one external storage device, to another one.
Wii U | Question & Answer (Nintendo of Japan) (Translated)
About the Author
Other Interesting Articles
- Get A Hugh-themed Trainer Pokédex Skin!
- The Wonderful 101 Release Dates Revealed
- Club Nintendo Member Penalized For Being Too Loyal A Customer
- Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start Turns 27 Years...
- New 3DS Firmware Update Available: 4.5.0-10U
- Project X Zone Confirmed For North America And Europe
- Nintendo Power Reaches Final Flag Pole
- YouTube Confirmed For Wii U
- Will We Ever Stop Complaining About Current Video Game Prices?
- Nintendo Gives Free Zelda 25th Anniversary Screensaver For PC...