Recent Game Pages
You Can't Download Software To Wii U SD Card
By Kevin on Nov 11 2012 12:21 AM
In a recent online Question & Answer document on Nintendo of Japan's official Wii U website, shocking news has been revealed for future Wii U owners. In the document, it clearly states that downloaded software cannot be saved to the SD card. If you're planning on downloading software or video media from the Wii U eShop, you'll have to save it to the Wii U system memory or an external USB hard drive.
As a reminder, the Wii U Deluxe set comes with 32GB of internal storage, while the Wii U Basic set comes with 8GB. It's also important to keep in mind that downloaded system updates are automatically saved to the Wii U's internal storage. For consumers who are planning on having their game library in digital form, they'll be forced to purchase an external USB hard drive. Unfortunately, those who planned on downloading software to an SD card are out of luck.
Additionally, downloaded software is limited to a single system and a single USB storage device, meaning that you cannot copy software from one external storage device, to another one.
Wii U | Question & Answer (Nintendo of Japan) (Translated)
About the Author
Other Interesting Articles
- Coin Challenge Pack C And Platform Panic Pack DLC For New Supe...
- Nintendo Network ID Format Confirmed
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Mirror of Fate Pre-Order Bonus
- Fire Emblem Awakening - A Hard Miracle Map Now Available
- Cool Your Jets, Metroid Fans!
- Wario Land II Now Available In 3DS eShop
- We Think Main Series Pokémon Info Will Surface On January 8th
- Nintendo Europe Releases Early 2013 Wii U Lineup
- Iwata Asks: Wii U Hardware Components Revealed
- Monster Shooter Blasts To 3DS eShop Soon