Celebrities That Have Passed On

195 replies to this topic

#1 count100

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:58 AM

This is a spot to post your thoughts or discussion on celebs that have passed on.
Anyone is welcome to update this as they hear of a celeb that has passed.

This will also be a sticky into the forum for easy to find update access.

Today we lost 2 celebs from the world

Farrah Fawcett  passed away this morning from cancer.

I think that most people expected Farrah to pass away soon because the cancer that she had was hitting her really hard and it was known that she did not have long left, but she will live on in Charlies Angles.

Also Michael Jackson passed away this afternoon from a Heart attack.

The one that came as a shock to me today was Michael I was not even expecting that one at all. He may have had his problems in the past but that does not take away from the fact that he was great at what he did and his career was legendary everyone knew who he was and knew his music in some way shape or form. I am not sure of anyone that has a career that has spanned almost 40 years in the music industry and still made a impact on it like his did.

#2 Dudebro

Irregular Member

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:25 AM

Don't forget Ed McMahon. He was an old man so it's not really shocking but he was also an icon.
My signature isn't awesome.

#3 count100

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:28 AM

That is true thanks DB. Ed was a great icon. From being Johnny Carsons side kick to Star Search he made TV more enjoyable.

#4 Chris

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 3,313 posts
  • Maine, USA

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:46 AM

Should this really be a sticky?
I stream video games on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings(plus some other streams throughout the week). https://www.twitch.tv/zedisdead

Posted Image

#5 count100

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

Yes it should because I am going to update this as these things happen and it makes it easier for me to keep on hand for when  I need to get to it.

#6 Chris

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 3,313 posts
  • Maine, USA

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:17 PM

Well, alright. I don't see it as being very important, though.
I stream video games on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings(plus some other streams throughout the week). https://www.twitch.tv/zedisdead

Posted Image

#7 sabby

Yep, it's me...

• Members
  • 1,256 posts
  • Idaho, USA

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:19 PM

I agree with Ninja on this one.
Posted Image
Always imitated, never duplicated - Tanc

#8 Dudebro

Irregular Member

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:29 PM

Yeah I have to agree about this not being a sticky. Having it stuck seems kind of morbid.

#9 MichelleHeart

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:29 AM

Michael Jackson was a great artist. He will be missed dearly. His skin turned white because of a disease called vertigo, he changed his nose because of the way he was treated for it as a child, and, in my opinion, those child molestation charges were a ploy from the child's mother to get money and attention. The mom of the child in the case was known to be a liar and had pulled stuff like this before. Obviously a very greedy woman, people. Also, I hate how people tease him for liking childish things. He was a kid at heart. What could possibly be wrong with that? One more thing: So what if he dressed in girl clothes once and a while? Girls can wear boy clothes, so what is the big effing deal if a boy wears girl clothes? Talk about your double standards!

#10 t3HFinalFaze

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:28 PM

The thing I hate most is how hypocritical some people are being about the whole Michael Jackson thing. I know some people really never believed in the molestation charges; but people I know who actually accused him of actually molesting children are now praising him for all of his great work. Michael was most definitely an awesome singer and dancer and after all the good he did and how quiet he seemed just doesn't add up to him molesting children; it doesn't seem like something he would do. He was a great guy, childish, yes, but not to the point where he would harrass children, he loved children.

R.I.P. Michael.

#11 Chris

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 3,313 posts
  • Maine, USA

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

It's really too bad. I was never into his stuff, but 50 is too early to go for anyone.

Posted Image

#12 King Mika

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

I don't know what to say about the molestation charges. He was "proven" not-guilty so I say "whatever" when it comes to that.

With the way things are looking it seems as if drugs may have made a greater impact on his premature death vs his lack of nutrition.

What can I say? I listen to his music every day and it's the year 2009, so it's pretty safe to say that I think highly of him.

#13 Desert Drifter

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:15 PM

MichelleHeart said:

Michael Jackson was a great artist. He will be missed dearly. His skin turned white because of a disease called vertigo . .

I think you mean "vitiligo". ]

True he was an overgrown kid at times.. and maybe a bit odd.. but who isn't?
Don't think he was ever out to harm anyone..

Besides it.. People can make puns and jokes all they want, but Jackson had the last laugh - he made more money then you ever can in a lifetime. His records still sell to this day. For someone labeled "incompetent", he sure did become the king of pop. Billy Jean and Beat it may be his two major hits of success, although it all started with ABC, the Jackson 5. That man can take the floor, that's for sure. I was never a true fan, but his music sure did influence a few personal favorite bands..

Like all those that were here and now gone, they always had their place in the world. We will always remember the mark they made on our lives.

[i]Bernie Mac.. Billy Mays.. Bob Hope.. Christopher Reeve.. Ed McMahon.. Elvis Presley.. Farrah Fawcett.. Fred Rogers.. George Harrison.. John Denver.. John Lennon.. Johnny Carson.. Johnny Cash.. Maurice Gibb.. Michael Jackson.. Mother Theresa.. Patsy Cline.. Paul Newman.. Peter Jennings.. Princess Diana.. Rodney Dangerfield.. Steve Irwin.. Waylon Jennings.. and the many others forgotten..

Rest In Peace
"You can take away my Atari ST when you pry it from my cold, dead hands."

#14 MichelleHeart

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:09 PM

t3HFinalFaze said:

The thing I hate most is how hypocritical some people are being about the whole Michael Jackson thing. I know some people really never believed in the molestation charges; but people I know who actually accused him of actually molesting children are now praising him for all of his great work. Michael was most definitely an awesome singer and dancer and after all the good he did and how quiet he seemed just doesn't add up to him molesting children; it doesn't seem like something he would do. He was a great guy, childish, yes, but not to the point where he would harrass children, he loved children.

R.I.P. Michael.

Wise words, my friend. Yes, he was childish, but I liked that about him. You mention not being childish to the point of molesting children, but I don't think being a kid at heart has anything to do with child molestation. Like you, I don't think he molested children. Nice post.

#15 Dudebro

Irregular Member

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:25 PM

Just remember that he was found Not guilty which is different from innocent. There's still the possibilty that he did do what he's accused of.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users