Celebrities That Have Passed On

195 replies to this topic

#31 Kevin

• Administrator
  • 11,330 posts
  • South Carolina, USA

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

I guess it's just strange watching it because it just happened.

#32 Dudebro

Irregular Member

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

Nothing wrong with it. We always see dead celebs after they died. If anything this will boost sales for Oxyclean and the like.
My signature isn't awesome.

#33 count100

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:13 AM

Its not much different then watching a MJ video its the same kind of thing. I am sure that after MJ died his videos were played all over.

With Billy I am sure that is a fitting tribute to him that they are still showing the commercials. That was his job to sell things and I am sure that he will get to sell alot of those things now just because he was part of it. IMO I would think that he would be happy that the products he pitched were still being showed.

#34 King Mika

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:19 AM

NintendoNerds said:

Do you guys think it's right that the Oxiclean infomercials are still being played?

They can't just cancel all of their infomercials. They already pre-paid for all of those spots in advance. If they did cancel the networks would have to scramble to find something else to air in all of those spots.

Besides it would be a slap in the face to the family if they record the infomercial using another person, and the staff needs to eat.

Also the guy has a lot of other infomercials. It's a tad hard to cancel them all worldwide and find a replacement. lol

#35 Dudebro

Irregular Member

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:41 AM

If there had been some embarrassing reason for his death they might've pulled all the ads though. Like if he died while trying to beat up a bunch of midgets or something.

#36 count100

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:58 AM

Or a horrible accident involving the Big City Slider and Mighty Mendit.

Dudebro I went and did some searching over the net and I ran across something that was perfect. Because I know how much you liked Billy I knew that you would appreciate this.

Click here

#37 Dudebro

Irregular Member

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

Damn count that was funny. I never saw the commercial with his bearded wife and daughter. Totally LOL. Also Billy Mays at the fast food drive through was awesome. I had to add it to my favorites.

#38 count100

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:06 AM

It seems these things keep coming and coming.

Yesterday we lost Harve Presnell you may remember him from Mr. Deeds - He played Preston Blake. Also he played Congressman Burrows in Evan Almighty.

Today we lost 97 year old Karl Malden.

You may remember him from Patton. He played Gen. Bradley. Or even from The Sting 2 where he played Gus Macalinski.

As I wright this out I just found out that Mollie Sugden has passed as well.

She was Mrs Slocombe in the T.V. show Are you being served? If any of you have seen the show she was the one on their that always had a different color hair style and the one that always talked about her Pus.......Er.. Cat..

There has been 10 celebs passing since June 23.

#39 King Mika

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:14 AM

They have always died daily but we never noticed because they aren't Michael Jackson.

#40 count100

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:22 AM

Granted Michael has overshadowed most of these.  People don't hear about these latest ones because of Michael. All of them do deserve to be noted tho not just the really big names. The only one that really got out there and on T.V. was Billy Mays.

Like Mrs Slocombe That one was a pretty good hit to me because I watched that show all the time growing up. It may have been in re-runs but that doesn't matter to me.

#41 Cubemaster54

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • Ohio, USA

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

Steve McNair was found dead; he is really young too. It must of happened these morning or last night.
He was a quarterback for the Houston Oilers (man when did they leave, must of been at least 10 years ago) in 95-96, and then went onto the Tennessee Titans until 2005, leading them to the Super Bowl in 1999. He then moved onto the Baltimore Ravens for his last two seasons, 06-07, and retired after that.
He was only 36 to boot.
Posted Image
A'rub-a-dub, just relaxing in his tub

#42 count100

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:39 AM

Walter Cronkite has now passed away at the age of 92.

He was a CBS evening news anchorman who's catch phrase "And that's the way it is" Is known throughout America.

View the full story here

#43 count100

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:54 PM

Here is one that I dont know why is getting so much news but I will report it.

Today The Taco Bell Chihuahua died at the age of 15.

#44 sabby

Yep, it's me...

• Members
  • 1,256 posts
  • Idaho, USA

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

Guess I will get a couple of Grilled Chicken Burritos in remembrance.

YO QUIERO TACO BELL!!!
Posted Image
Always imitated, never duplicated - Tanc

#45 Doom36@NN

Retro Gamer/Hockey Fanatic

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

gidget? yeah, saw this on NFF.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users