Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Official Discussion)

paper mario

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin

• Administrator
  • 11,330 posts
  • South Carolina, USA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Mario's newest Paper Mario title, officially named Paper Mario: Sticker Star, was revealed during Nintendo's All-Access E3 Presentation by Scott Moffitt. Scott is the executive vice president of sales and marketing at Nintendo. He teased this title, along with the official title for Luigi's upcoming 3DS hit, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

Posted Image

Paper Mario: Sticker Star is the first ever Paper Mario title for a Nintendo portable system. It's a single player action-adventure game that makes good use of some role-playing elements such as Hit Points (HP) and Experience (EXP). The object of the game is to retrieve the six Royal Stickers that Bowser has scattered all over the land. The scheduled release window is this holiday period.

Stickers can be used in a number of different ways, including combat. Stickers can be found just about anywhere in the game. You can peel them from different parts of the surrounding environment, buy them in shops and even create your own.

What do you guys think about this?

#2 aquizero

aka Benjamin

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  • Pennsylvania, USA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I downloaded the 3D game trailers for Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon during last nights E3 presentation. I think they will stay in my 3DS demo folder for a long time like the original videos for these games did. Both are looking like incredible games. I lean toward Paper Mario only because I played 2/3 games in the series. Hopefully Luigi is present in this game too because I loved how Super Paper Mario gave us control of Luigi Peach and Bowser as well. Though I have not played the original Luigi's Mansion I can instantly see the appeal. This holiday season I will be broke!  :cry:

"It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do." -Lightning (FFXIII)

#3 Cubemaster54

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • Ohio, USA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

The first Paper Mario and Thousand Year Door was incredible. Super Paper Mario was OK, in my opinion. The one thing I liked about the third one was it was divided into parts in each chapter. That was nice.
This game looks OK. Maybe a little too 3-Dimensional, but then again all the other games were like that. The characters and stuff look like paper though, so its all good.

As for Luigi, I loved Luigi's Mansion. Its one of the awesome Gamecube games. Arguably the best launch game. I haven't seen the trailer for it, but I hope its just as good.
Posted Image
A'rub-a-dub, just relaxing in his tub

#4 aquizero

aka Benjamin

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  • Pennsylvania, USA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

I really want to play paper mario: thousand year old door but now i want to wait to see if that will be available for download on wii u. would love it in the palm of my hands.

"It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do." -Lightning (FFXIII)

#5 Kevin

• Administrator
  • 11,330 posts
  • South Carolina, USA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Has anyone pre-ordered this yet? Earlier today, Chris posted an article about a promotion that Newegg.com is offering ($10 off game purchases). So, this may be a good opportunity to put that to good use.

#6 aquizero

aka Benjamin

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  • Pennsylvania, USA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

I have not pre-ordered this game yet. I would like to see what is the promo item (if any) available if I pre-order at Gamestop.

#7 Kevin

• Administrator
  • 11,330 posts
  • South Carolina, USA

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

I received this in the mail today, so I'll start playing it right away! I'm looking forward to it. Who else has this, and what are your thoughts thus far?

#8 LuffyFoxtrot

Hatcha-cha-cha-cha

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm really looking forward to playing this, but I don't think it launches here till December 1st, at least... Actually, release date is December 8. Nintendo tends to have a terrible track record when it comes to European localisation D:

#9 Kevin

• Administrator
  • 11,330 posts
  • South Carolina, USA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostLuffyFoxtrot, on 23 November 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

I'm really looking forward to playing this...

Did you get it yet? I've been playing quite a bit and I really like it. I'm kinda stuck on a certain part at the moment, but I'm trying my best to figure it out.

#10 LuffyFoxtrot

Hatcha-cha-cha-cha

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

I might pick it up this week if I have money left over from other priorities. Shame, really, 'cos I've probably missed out on the Club Nintendo exclusive sticker book by now.

#11 diaglyph

How zetetic!

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

So yeah I've been playing this. I'm in the 5th area now, getting close to finishing I guess.
I thought I've played enough now to write up my thoughts on the game, so I wrote about it in my blog http://wp.me/p27KCf-9H
Posted Image

#12 diaglyph

How zetetic!

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

So I've just finished the game :)
Just over 29 hours.

Yea I still stick by my little review. Though I'll add that I thought I actually cared for Kersti, but only in the final battle!!
I don't think it's "right" that you would like/care for a character not until the end of the game LOL
She just felt fairly useless throughout the rest of the game.
Posted Image

#13 ianrish

Hi!

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Indiana, USA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

I have this game, (don't want to be a spoiler) and it's really fun! :D Except one level is tricky. (I call it the boss level :P)
Posted Image

#14 diaglyph

How zetetic!

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

@MrMeekaa which area are you up to, stuck at?
Posted Image

#15 ianrish

Hi!

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Indiana, USA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postdiaglyph, on 22 January 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

@MrMeekaa which area are you up to, stuck at?
I am at the 3 Goombas when they turn into lil' triangles. After you find the first piece of the sticker comet and place down the bridge with paperization. (W1-1)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users