• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 3,318 posts
  • Maine, USA

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:30 PM

For me, I think I'm just going to leave it in the dock. I don't even bring my 3DS with me very often, and the Switch looks to be way too bulky to carry around all the time.

Posted Image

Seriously, you'd need to keep a bag with you if you want to play this thing while you're out and about.
I stream video games on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings(plus some other streams throughout the week). https://www.twitch.tv/zedisdead

Posted Image

#2 Aintelligent

Life is no Nintendo Game - Eminem

• Members
  • 1,831 posts
  • Quebec, CAN

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

If I can pay 129$ to carry a Nintendo device around, I'm not going to pay 399$ to do it.
But as for the Switch in itself, definitely. Especially since Nintendo is still looking into VR.
Posted Image

#3 Kevin

• Administrator
  • 11,330 posts
  • South Carolina, USA

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

I have no desire to transport a bulky home console around -- that's why there's Nintendo 3DS, DS, etc. What happens if the screen breaks from an accidental fall? How much more will that cost? Also, having to recharge the console on the go is one thing, but the Joy Con controllers also need charged.

Nintendo is bold for trying to combine all generations of their previous hardware into a single unit, but I don't think that's going to be enough for the Switch to sell well enough.

Wii U was and still is good, but the lack of developer support led to its demise. It's difficult to develop for as well. Nintendo Switch seems to have solid developer support, but we'll have to wait and see how that turns out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users