Rate This Game
Your Game Library
North America Details
Publisher: 2K Sports
Release Date: November 18, 2012
Players: Single Player
With more than 5 million copies sold worldwide and more than 25 Sports Game of the Year awards won, NBA 2K12 was another monster release for the biggest NBA video game simulation franchise in the world. This year, 2K Sports has joined forces with the legendary JAY Z as Executive Producer to transcend sports video games and take virtual hardwood to the next level. Featuring an enhanced MyCAREER mode and all-new gameplay features, NBA 2K13 will let gamers pit the best players in NBA history against the new dynasty of talent, including the much-debated matchup between the 2012 U.S. Men’s National Team and the 1992 â€œDream Team.â€
- Wii Uâ„¢ Launch title â€“ As a launch title to the Wii U console, NBA 2K13 will be the first choice for basketball fans on the new console.
- Gatorade Biometric Scan â€“ Think you have a feel for how your player is performing? Think again. The Gatorade Biometrics display provides an up-to-the-second look at your player’s mood and fatigue level in the game. A persistent â€œheartbeatâ€ and dynamic hot/cold zones will keep you in tune with your player’s psyche as the game progresses.
- A JAY Z Production â€“ NBA 2K13 is produced by multi-platinum recording artist and hip-hop mogul JAY Z.
- USA Basketball â€“ Finally answer the question: Who would win a head-to-head duel between the 1992 Dream Team and the 2012 squad?
- MyCAREER Mode â€“ Build your MyPLAYER by giving him signature skills, and acquire your very own custom animations using Virtual Currency (VC). Includes all-new GM sit-down feature, new endorsement paths, improved in-game AI, and all-new swag including casual clothing, equipment, custom shoes and much more
- NBA 2K â€œMyTEAMâ€ â€“ Collect players, uniforms, arenas and boosts to put together your own team. Track the talent marketplace that fluctuates based on real-life performance, and then take your team online to play against other players’ MyTEAMS in a new tiered matchmaking system.
- Improved Gameplay features, including such innovations as:
- The Control Stick: For the first time ever, all dribble moves have been mapped to the right analog stick, as well as shooting, passing, and post moves. String together devastating crossovers and clutch shots for maximum control and effectiveness.
- Dynamic Shot Generator: Shots are now dynamically created on the fly, with all-new collision physics created in real-time.
- Signature Skills: Each player has unique abilities that can alter the course of a game. Players are modeled to impact the game in their own unique way, from Derrick Rose as a â€œFloor Generalâ€ to Kevin Durant being â€œThe Closer.â€ Learn to use each player’s unique ability and change the game on your terms.
- Revamped Passing System: Improved fast break passing gives players more control. Fire a bounce pass to a cutting teammate or go â€œLob Cityâ€ in transition.
- Shoe Creator- One of the most flexible interfaces ever allow the user to customize up to 45 shoe components and layers from the ground up. Create original shoes from all the major shoe brands and deck your player out with his own signature creation.
- Classic Teams â€“ The best teams in NBA history are back, and can now be taken online. Challenge your friends with squads such as the ’96 Bulls and ’65 Celtics.